Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General questions, comments, and discussions relating to the Alberta Mycological Society.

TOPIC: Just getting into it.

Just getting into it. 7 months 2 days ago #3061

So myself and the family have an interest in getting started in the proverbial underworld of mushroom identification.

First step for me would be good books. What books would you recommend for consumption. I like pictures and prefer simpler layouts.

Next, maybe 5 bullet points of good natural environments in which to find mushrooms.

Also pictures of the more common mushrooms (around the Edmonton river valley) and some identifying information would really motivate me to get me started!

Realistically though, give me whatever great information you have. Thanks a lot folks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Just getting into it. 7 months 22 hours ago #3066

• Kevin O
  • Thank you received: 14
Check out the resource section of the AMS website. There is good references there that should have answers to all the questions you asked.

The best place to look for mushrooms is wherever you are. They grow everywhere. Start in your front yard or local park. Focus on one genus of mushroom at a time or you can easily be overwhelmed by information.

Just getting into it. 6 months 3 weeks ago #3081

• Gary
Some other (including myself) were asking about books a little while ago as well:
www.wildmushrooms.ws/index.php/forum/gen...-books-for-beginners
GB

Just getting into it. 6 months 3 weeks ago #3085

Time to create page: 0.270 seconds