Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General questions, comments, and discussions relating to the Alberta Mycological Society.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Calgary Mushroom season is on!

Calgary Mushroom season is on! 10 months 3 weeks ago #2929

• Jim
I have recently moved back to Calgary to the Dalhousie neighbourhood and am brand new to the AMS and mushroom IDing. I would like to connect with local folks and get a chance to go on local forays with them. Any tips on local NW Calgary locations for finding mushrooms would be much appreciated. I was out to Bragg Creek and found this beautiful shaggy mane.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Calgary Mushroom season is on! 8 months 2 weeks ago #3082

• Gary
Hi Jim,

I used to live in Ranchlands and found lots of mushrooms in the parks there, so that is not a far walk from where you are. I often found shaggy manes in Dalhousie while riding my bike, but am not aware of any good parks in Dalhousie for mushrooms. I noticed you found some fungus at Nose Hill, I'm sure there are more there, I have never looked systematically. Tuscany, Valley Ridge, and near the river around Baker Park have lots of forests that are likely good as well. A little farther afield, I Edworthy park is also in the NW and likely a good place to look, though I haven't tried yet---I ride my bike there on the commute to work and it seems like it would be fecund.

Happy hunting.
GB
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds