Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Have questions about the fungi you found? Ask them here, and we'll do our best to help you out. But, please remember that we are a volunteer organization and there may be a delay on responses.

TOPIC: Backyard Mushroom ID

Backyard Mushroom ID 8 months 2 weeks ago #3102

Hi everyone. So I am a new member of the AMS and I am really looking forward to learning new things from everyone. So I picked a few mushrooms in the back yard a few days ago and was hoping to ID them just for fun. The bigger ones I found In what could have possibly been a fairy ring. The extremely small ones I found right by my rain barrel. It’s been very dry here up until the last two weeks. I’m located in central Alberta. I tried to get spore prints off of them but they didn’t work. Probably because they had dried out for a day before I tried...oops.
01EE9496-83C1-4F7E-9E1F-EA96F311D43E.jpeg

C4BCCAFC-0A25-4414-BA7C-C3132BD80AF6.jpeg
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Backyard Mushroom ID 8 months 2 weeks ago #3107

• Martin Osis
  • Thank you received: 130
Hi Rob, both of your mushrooms are officially LBM's - little brown mushrooms, in spite of them not being brown. The purplish one could be one of several but the first step regretfully is the sport colour. The other one is just difficult with or without spore colour, likely needing microscopy work. Sorry that I can't be of more help.
The best way to say "Thank you" for our help is by becoming a paid member of our society...so... Click Here to Join The Alberta Mycological Society

Backyard Mushroom ID 8 months 2 weeks ago #3110

Thanks anyways Martin. I knew it might be hard without a spore print. Definitely will be doing it properly next time.

Backyard Mushroom ID 8 months 2 weeks ago #3111

• Martin Osis
  • Thank you received: 130
You could start by picking something easier as well....
The best way to say "Thank you" for our help is by becoming a paid member of our society...so... Click Here to Join The Alberta Mycological Society

Backyard Mushroom ID 8 months 1 week ago #3125

Haha I will try that too Martin!

Backyard Mushroom ID 8 months 1 week ago #3126

These just happened to be right there in the back yard so I thought why not.
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds