Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Have questions about the fungi you found? Ask them here, and we'll do our best to help you out. But, please remember that we are a volunteer organization and there may be a delay on responses.

TOPIC: Agaricus found growing from clay/dir with dirt on

Agaricus found growing from clay/dir with dirt on 7 months 1 week ago #3153

Would like to isolate in on which species this is

It's flesh does seem to brown when cut. Or so the stem seemed to I have yet to cut a cap open yet. May have had small parts of slight pink/red but I'm unsure if it were enough to classify it as pink/red flesh.
Last Edit: 7 months 1 week ago by Merchant1307.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Agaricus found growing from clay/dir with dirt on 7 months 1 week ago #3154

• Martin Osis
  • Thank you received: 130
With Agaricus your bruising choices are; none, red/ brown or yellow. If you see some red then it's likely in section sanguionolenta. Also with Agaricus habitat is crucial, they are saprophytic but on what. A. Arvensis on horse dung, not sheep, deer, or cow.... A. Augustus grows with cedars.

So more info is necessary include the type of ring.

Also Agaricus is a bit like russula with a wider genetic window which may include some hybridization, so species are sometimes on the move.
The best way to say "Thank you" for our help is by becoming a paid member of our society...so... Click Here to Join The Alberta Mycological Society

Agaricus found growing from clay/dir with dirt on 7 months 1 week ago #3157

found in clay/dirt/rocks like the classic image for bernardi lookalike, the stem cut from cap bruised at that part dark brown might have had slight redness. When I split the stem later it stayed white for the most part for as long as i monitored it, with maybe slight red/pink but not sure if it were enough to call it bruising red.

It was found on our driveway where it ends and meets the shed/garage right near the garage concrete where rocks and clay are theyt emerged out of clay with clay on top and they seemed like the classic double ringed ones but I dont notice the double rings, so i think they may be bernardi but cant confirm it.
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds