Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Have questions about the fungi you found? Ask them here, and we'll do our best to help you out. But, please remember that we are a volunteer organization and there may be a delay on responses.

TOPIC: Found this plentiful mushroon mid summer ?

Found this plentiful mushroon mid summer ? 2 years 7 months ago #2541

IMG_1042.jpg

Hi everyone i found this mushroom growing all over on the manacured grass along our park trails
the best i can figure is its some kind of a meadow mushroom.Dont have a spore sample but when i
broke it open it smelled like the white mushrooms we buy in the store.it didnt turn yellow when
i broke it open.Does anyone know if this mushroom is edible..Thanks a bunch .. :)

IMG_1041.jpg
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Donald Otsig.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Found this plentiful mushroon mid summer ? 2 years 7 months ago #2542

• Martin Osis
  • Thank you received: 130
The meadow mushroom is the same genus as the store bought button "agaricus". You do not have that. The stature is wrong and there is no veil or ring.

If the spore print was a clay brown it is a hebeloma, one of the poison pies. Also a close look at the gills would show a finely serrated gill edge like a bread knife. Hebelomas also appear to sweat, so you often see minute beads of "sweat" on the stem in the area below the cap. Also there are bigger beads on the gills which collect the spores e gills a mottled look.
The best way to say "Thank you" for our help is by becoming a paid member of our society...so... Click Here to Join The Alberta Mycological Society

Found this plentiful mushroon mid summer ? 2 years 7 months ago #2543

Thanks a bunch Martin,i will do a spore print this summer when i see them.Guess i better not eat these lol.
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds