Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Have questions about the fungi you found? Ask them here, and we'll do our best to help you out. But, please remember that we are a volunteer organization and there may be a delay on responses.

TOPIC: ID this Mushroom growing in my Herb Pot

ID this Mushroom growing in my Herb Pot 2 years 6 months ago #2551

15220162_10154912662458690_4252409888628291982_n.jpg

15178189_10154912918293690_5280251197962474658_n.jpg

15170900_10154912917923690_3570791662525356913_n.jpg

15230597_10154912917988690_4661536657615357907_n.jpg

Please ID this Mushrooms growing in my Herb Container.
Is it edible or poisonous? Is it a danger to be inside my home?
Thank you for a reply.
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Jennifer Doxi.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ID this Mushroom growing in my Herb Pot 2 years 6 months ago #2552

• Martin Osis
  • Thank you received: 130
You seem to have at least two different mushrooms fruiting. To id these we would need fresher specimen photos, spore print colours and a cross section views. And a little better focus so we can zoom into the details.

Generally these fall into the group of LBM's, little brown mushrooms which are notoriously difficult to id. Assume all mushrooms are poisonous unless you have taken the time to id them as an edible mushroom.

Mushrooms grow symbiotically with many plants so getting rid of them probably means getting rid of your plants as well. I would probably just pick them and throw them out before they start to spore out, just to keep the spore load lower in the house. Or just take the opportunity to observe them and expand your knowledge of the natural world. Don't worry about them depositing spore and growing elsewhere in your house other than a plant pot. They are very specific where they grow....

And finally, fungi grow unobserved most of the time, when they fruit (produce a mushroom) it is often because they are stressed and they decided that it is time to reproduce before it's too late. So you may never see them again. Also try to keep your pots a bit drier....
The best way to say "Thank you" for our help is by becoming a paid member of our society...so... Click Here to Join The Alberta Mycological Society
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jennifer Doxi

ID this Mushroom growing in my Herb Pot 2 years 6 months ago #2553

Thank you so much for your reply. I'm only using my phone camera, but I did send in a much closer shots. I hope it helps a bit.

ID this Mushroom growing in my Herb Pot 2 years 6 months ago #2554

• Martin Osis
  • Thank you received: 130
With the yellow stem and overall yellow hue plus the gill not turning dark (probably white spored) I would guess it is Leucocoprinus birnbaumii or one of it's relatives; L. tricolour, L. flavescens.....

Out with the pot if you want to get rid of it. but since there are spores around you may get it in a another or new future pot.

Cheers
The best way to say "Thank you" for our help is by becoming a paid member of our society...so... Click Here to Join The Alberta Mycological Society

ID this Mushroom growing in my Herb Pot 2 years 6 months ago #2555

Truly appreciate your time in helping me identify this species. I would like to know more about mushrooms as I have been looking at its many beautiful varieties on social media. I only know some though, the ones my Grandmother taught me about since I was a small child way back in the Philippines, and the ones I usually buy at the grocery store, even though I have seen so many kinds in my lifetime already.

Have a wonderful day sir! Thanks again!!! :)
Time to create page: 0.337 seconds